Search Your Childs Online Classroom:

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Week 2

WEEK 2- Mathematics

*We will continue learning the alphabet every week; so for this week, (week 2) we will be learning F,G,H,I,&J. We will continue the same types of activities as we did last week to learn the next 5 letters. I continue with story time every week as well. This week in class we will begin learning our numbers! We will learn #'s 1-10 this week. I will use many physical objects to teach the children numbers because over my years of teaching I have found it is most effective.

Class Assignments:
-work sheets to learn the letters F,G,H,I,&J with dotted lines for the children to practice writing before writing on their own.
-the children will learn how to write numbers 1-10.
-we will be working on chapter 1 in our mathematics book all week during class.
-we will team up with a buddy and tell a funny story that has happened in our home. ( social activity)
-I will play several math games with the children to learn their numbers; for example: I will hold up three books and say, “how many books am I holding up”?

Homework Assignments:
Monday- "The Numbers 1-5" worksheet
Tuesday- mathematics book pages 4-7
Wednesday- "The Numbers 1-10" worksheet
Thursday- letters A-J review worksheet
Friday- HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!! :-)
Note to parents: Please try to review the letters we have learned the past 2 weeks (A-J) as well as our new #’s (1-10). This will help the child connect school and home. If your child practices his/her numbers and letters when they get home, it will help them progress in an outstanding way. I appreciate your help. Meet the parent teacher night is week 4, I’m looking forward to meet everyone! J

No comments:

Post a Comment